Saturday, May 19, 2012

Crying through chick flicks

I don't know why it is that the woman loves the chick flick and the men tend to love the thriller/action movies. I feel it has a deeper connection into how the two genders are so different yet made for each other. The woman loves to watch the stories where a man and woman fall in love and love happily ever after. The man loves the stories where he runs through deserts and completes undercover missions just to capture the heart of a woman in the end. He thrives for the action and she loves his action. They complete each other seamlessly. This realization was sparked by two things really mainly, The first being the movie I just watched, "The Vow."
The second being the book I am currently (along with many other books haha. I tend to flitter like a butterfly from here to there as I read books) called, "Captivating." I am currently quite exhausted after a long day of golfing with my dad and cousin and his son, to laying out at the pool and getting sunburnt, to watching a teenie but of "Grease", to two graduation parties for three people, to baking two batches of brownies and rice krispie treats(By the way I used fruity pebbles instead of typical rice krispies.), to watching "The Vow", to top it all off I'm watching Swamp People with my daddy and I'm going to fall asleep on the couch. Anywho, back to the chick flicks, The Vow was a beautiful story but it made me cry, Even though Channing Tatum is very handsome. It was based on a true story of a woman and her husband who get into a car wreck and she suffers brain trauma. In doing so she forgets everything for about the past four years, Basically she has to relive it all in the process and it is painful because her husband still loves her but she has no idea who he is. In the end she never regains her memory (SPOILER ALERT LOL) but they remarry and fall in love again. In the process they have two kids (: The movie cuts off before all that takes place but it tells you about it in the credits(: Well my eyes are shutting as I type this, Goodnight I enjoyed our late night virtual coffee and a snack time.Love, Ariana

No comments:

Post a Comment